Thursday 3 January 2013

Mum and her baby

This was probably the project I shared with my youngest co-artist. He was a a little over one year old when he drew his impression of his mum, who was pregnant with his sister. It was the sister who asked me to turn the drawing into a softie for their mum for Christmas. And she was my other co-artist - she made a beautiful sketch with her ideas! She did not want a black and white softie, it would have been too harsh in her opinion, so we decided to use some nice beige canvas and charcoal cotton. She asked me to sew a pear shaped body for the mum, a spherical body (head..?) for the baby, and to make movable arms and legs for both of them. But I think my favourite detail of all was the hands: knot like palms with fingers made of waxed string. I was grateful for this order - special softie, special customer :-)




Egyik nagy kedvencem. Nagyon kedves megrendelő, nagyon különleges rajzzal, nagyon konkrét elképzelésekkel. Ami lehetett volna rémisztő is, de most inkább inspiráló volt. Gyönyörű vázlatot kaptam a lánytól - ő csüng a mamája pocakján, ez az öccse rajza úgy egyéves korából, mikor megtudta hogy a mamája újra babát vár. A lány pontosan leírta, lerajzolta, hogyan képzeli a részleteket, a formákat, az anyagokat. Én pedig előbányásztam a régi lenvászon-készletem, bejártam a boltokat a megfelelő árnyalatú végtag-anyagért, és kikísérleteztem a lehető leghűbb szabásmintákat. Tetszett neki a végeredmény :-)

2 comments: